Are you suffering from constant hair fall? So it’s high time to find out the ways to stop hair fall. There are several oils available on the market which are considered to be effective against hair fall Mustard Oil, Castrol oil, and other oils. But do you know that coconut oil helps in preventing hair fall? If you belong to an Indian household, so you must have seen your mother or grandmother urging you to apply coconut oil regularly on your hair. Coconut oil is extremely beneficial not for your hair but skin as well. This versatile oil is being used for various purposes such as cooking, removing makeup, moisturizing skin, and others. So if you are curious to know about the benefits of Applying Coconut Oil to your hair, then check out this post.
Top Benefits of Coconut Oil
1) Coconut Oil is sebum which has its own natural oil that protects your skin from drying out. During the summers, it is common that your scalp to get covered with bacteria. This causes your scalp to emanate a foul odor. Therefore, you should apply coconut oil that has antifungal properties to eliminate foul odor-causing bacteria and treat your scalp.
2) It consists of lauric acid that provides your hair protein and strengthens them. So if you are suffering from hair fall, then you should apply Coconut oil.
3) Coconut oil effectively penetrates down the hair shaft to nourish it and protecting it against pollution.
4) You can also use Coconut oil as a natural moisturizer to bestow your hair natural shine.
5) Regularly Massaging with coconut oil helps improve blood circulation, further ensuring that the nutrients nourish your follicles.
What kind of coconut oil is best for hair?
Virgin Coconut oil is considered to be an ideal choice for your hair. It offers the best results as it does not have any contamination and gives you the best result. Using virgin coconut oil ensures that your hair obtains all the nutritions present in the coconut oil in its natural form.
Does coconut oil work for hair growth and thickness?
Not exactly but it will definitely provide strength to your hair. Various studies have proved that Coconut oil works effectively for dry & brittle hair as it penetrates down to the scalp and deeply nourishes your hair.
How to Apply Coconut Oil to Your Hair?
So if you are determined to apply natural coconut oil on your hair and want to know “How to Apply Coconut Oil on your hair for the best results?” So check these points below.
1) It is suggested that you should apply coconut oil during the night as this oil takes time to soak so the ideal time to apply coconut oil is at night. Avoid applying coconut oil during the day as it would take time to soak the oil in your scalp and it would make your hair look flat.
2) We will recommend you gently warm the oil before applying it to your hair. The reason why you should warm the coconut oil is that it would help it to easily apply to your hair strands. Also, the warm oil will open the follicles for better penetration of oil into the roots.
3) If you have an oily scalp so you should avoid applying this oil on your scalp as it would weigh down your hair.
4) The best way to apply coconut oil is to apply it on your dry and weak hair ends that need nourishment. It would work more effectively.
5) If you can’t apply it during the night so apply during the day for 30 minutes before rinsing it off.
It is advisable to apply coconut oil on wet hair?
It is advised to apply coconut oil on wet hair as it becomes easy for damp hair to absorb this oil and it lends an extra moisture boost that lasts impressively long.
How to remove coconut oil from hair?
You can use lemon juice, baking soda, apple vinegar, shampoos to effectively remove coconut oil from your hair.
Can coconut oil be bad for your hair?
No, Coconut is a natural oil that does not hold any negative effects on your hair. So you should not worry about it.